Line of activity
KYIVDIPROTRANS established in 1930.
Major scope of activities: project design and management, engineering, consulting and information services in the field of transportation construction, mainly in railway and motor industries.
The Institute is engaged in economic, geodetic and geological research and engineering, feasibility studies of investments and complex project design of such items as follows:
- Railways, stations, approach lines;
- Motor roads;
- Auxiliary structures for motor transport, its repair and maintenance;
- Road structures: bridges, flyover junctions, tunnels;
- Civil works: railway stations, hotels, shops, residential buildings;
- Railway infrastructures: power supply units, signaling and communication facilities;
- Environmental protection technologies.
KYIVDIPROTRANS was a leading designer of railway stations and junctions, now it is the author of several fundamental studies in railway transportation. Among them:
- Allocation and development schemes of major marshaling yards, near-border, passenger and freight stations, port terminals;
- General schemes of railway junction development in Kyiv, Lvov, Odessa, Chop, Brest, Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg, etc.
KYIVDIPROTRANS has also developed unique engineering and architectural projects including:
- Railway stations in Kyiv, Lvov, Odessa, Chernigov, Vinnitsa, Zhitomir, Cherkassy, Ternopol, Kishinev, Brest, Gomel, Chelyabinsk, - Barnaul, Magnitogorsk and other cities.
- Illychevsk – Varna Ferry Project in the Black Sea;
- Motor-road Swing Bridge in Nikolayev with a Europe-largest 134 m span.
- Wide-to-narrow gage switching in border entry points (from 1520 mm to 1435 mm) Chop, Yesen.
- The Institute is cooperating with its counterparts in China, Poland, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Romania, Syria, Cuba, and Libya.
The State Committee on Construction, Architecture and Housing Policy of Ukraine has appointed the Institute as a major institution of Ukraine on designing railway stations and junctions.